Sunday, July 19, 2009

Adarius's 5th Birthday!

Adarius this year picked a "Star Wars" themed birthday party. It was so much fun planning for this party. I thought it would be fun to have the boys challenge "Darth Vader" to a fight. I made each of the boys a light saber out swim noodles that I had bought from the dollar store. Darth Vader didn't have a chance with 9 boys ready to" DESTROY" him! He was down on the ground in about 1 min. I couldn't stop laughing it was the funniest thing I have seen for a long time. -Poor Elan
We played lots of fun games. Poor Lorrie (my sister) got caught in the middle of this game where the kids could not let the "asteroid" touch the ground or it would explode! We played pin the asteroids on the planets, and played find the hidden asteroids.
Elan says that the boys look like they are in some sort of cult with their white t-shirts that they decorated for their Star Wars attire. Hey, I was just trying to be creative!
Here is his Light Saber cupcake birthday cake that I made. It was super easy and the kids had a blast trying to cover the top with candy. What a fun day Elan and I had! Hopefully the kids had just as much fun as we did!!

No comments: