Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dash for Donation 5K

As most of you know, Elan had a kidney transplant nearly a 1 1/2 years ago and is doing well. He looks so good and people are always in disbelief that he had a transplant not so long ago. Once a year the Utah Transplant Organization, Donate Life, has this event to raise money for donation awareness. Last year Elan and I were able to run it but this year due to having my appendix removed 2 weeks ago and Elan having some problems with his knee, we decided it would be fun to get the kids involved and walk it with them. We were hoping for 1st place but our 1 hr 5 min finish was a distant 2nd to the 17 min runner. We had a great time and the kids enjoyed themselves.

3 comments:

Croslands said...

What a cure family you have. I am glad that Elan is doing so well. Can't wait to keep in touch on the blog. Love you!

Paul and Natalie McB said...

Yeah Amy!!!! Now I don't have to call you 30 times before I reach you. Now I can just blog stalk you. I'm so happy that Elan is doing well. Your boys are so dang cute!!! I'm so excited you have a blog, it's the funnest way to keep in touch.

Croslands said...

You know I check this almost every other day and I am waiting for a new post. The more often you do it the more you'll think of things to blog about. So don't quit or wait for something "super" interesting. More, more, I want more.